Friday, May 19, 2006

We're Leaving on a Jet Plane

We're Leaving on a Jet Plane. Don't know when we will be back again. You remember the great Peter, Paul and Mary song don't you? It was written by John Denver.

Super Shuttle picks us up at 12:00 noon tomorrow to start our big adventure. We fly out of Sky Harbor to LAX then to Frankfurt and then to Barcelona. We have 4 hours to get from the airport in Barcelona to our cruise ship, the Regatta.

We have been working to overcome the 9 hour jet lag by going to bed early and waking up early. Last night 7:30 to bed and rising at 2:15am. About 4 hours behind now.

I have done tons of online research on our ports of call: Gibraltar, La Coruna, LeHavre (Rouen), Zeebrugge (Bruges), Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Tallin and St Petersburg. We will only use the excursions in St Petersburg because we didn't want to mess with the onerous Russian visa requirements. Elsewhere we will walk, bike, boat, mini-bus, or train. All the information is overwhelming. Like studying for a geography final exam.


We have covered the furniture with sheets (it is dry dust) and left buckets of water out to put some moisture in the air. The bushes are trimmed. The timers on the lamps set. We hired a house watcher.

We are excited to say the least. Europe here we come!! More postings from along the way I hope. After Europe RVing to Utah!


A little more cowbell from Peter, Paul and Mary.

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Close your eyes I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

No comments: