Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hanging Out

I was doing my evening rounds of the campground when I spotted a car in site 15. Site 15's tent site is actually on an island surrounded by two small streams. I walked across the log to the island and began saying "Hello, campground host" to alert the campers to my presence. You never know what might be going on in a tent. I said it 2 or 3 times and finally saw a girl stirring around in what looked like a one-man tent. There was no other camping gear in the site. She said "Just a minute." and I then explained that she would have to pay a fee for her site. She asked me "Is there a fee for just hanging out?" Let's see....... occupying a tent in a campground is "hanging out' and not camping? I don't think so. They (the girl and her boyfriend) packed up and left.

No comments: