Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happiness is a small, red 10 amp fuse

We could not start our RV. It would not even turn over. I called Freightliner engineering yesterday who immediately diagnosed the problem, however, the Freightliner engineer could not specifically tell me where the blown 10 amp fuse was because the box that contains the fuses are in different places in different Winnebago RVs. I crawled under the coach and looked everywhere I could think of. I gave up and called Winnebago again today. The Winnebago customer service rep, at first, didn't have his brain in gear and directed me to a box in the front of the RV that I had looked in 1,000 times. Then a light bulb went off in his brain and he laughed at his silly answer and told me where to look.

I had to raise up the bed then take off the metal plate separating the bed storage compartment from the engine area. Once I did all that, I looked and there was the small box that held the fuse. The fuse box attached to the bed box and cannot be seen from beneath the RV. I replaced the blown fuse and apprehensively went up front one more time. I held my breath as I turned the key to start the RV. It started!! If I drank I would have sat down and had a stiff one. One heck of a big problem solved.

No comments: