Monday, August 14, 2006

Water Pump Problems

Our water pump mysteriously quit working. Without that pump dry camping is very difficult so we were really concerned. We hadn't needed for a couple of months since we were always hooked up to a water supply.

I did a lot of investigating. I looked at our pump literature. I called Winnebago and asked them about it. The problem most likely seemed to be a blown inline fuse. Where was that fuse? I checked all the fuses and breakers I knew about. I emptied and crawled into a storage bay to trace the wiring to and from the pump. No luck. I could not see the fuse. It must be hidden in the protective wrap. Winnebago is big on protective wrap for electrical wiring. I had downloaded the drawings of the 12-volt circuits from the Winnebago site and called the drawings up and looked them over to see if I could locate the inline fuse. No luck. Brickwall time.

Then late at night I turned on the computer to look at the drawings one more time with my blurry eyes. As I scanned the drawings I noticed that one switch in the bathroom was labled "Pump Switch". What? We have always wondered what that unlabeled switch was for and would occasionally flip it on and off to see what happened. I thought it was for the bathroom fan and didn't work. So I went into the bathroom and flipped the switch and then went to the control panel to see if the pump would come on. The pump came on.

No comments: